BOTSWANA SERVICES WEBSITE COMPLIANCE STANDARDS
For your business or company to be registered as a viable one on our website you need to ensure that your content is compatible with the site and provides correct information. Business Profiles on Botswana Services can only be created for businesses that either have a physical location that customers can visit, or that travel to visit customers where they are. Creating a successful Business Profile that won’t be suspended requires avoiding prohibited content, accurately reflecting your business, and complying with the rest of the policies below:
1. Business owners or authorised representatives are the only ones allowed to verify and manage their business information
2.Do not provide inaccurate or false information about your business or the services and products offered i.e. provide working cell phone number and/ email address
3. Business name: your name should reflect your business’ real-world name, as used consistently or mostly.
4. Display high quality content (avoid misspellings, gimmicky character use etc.)
5. Do not upload the sale of dangerous and illegal products or services.
6. Have a description of your business or company or services you provide in less than 300 words. Highlight what makes your business unique. You can use this field to provide useful information on services and products offered, as well as the mission and history of your business. Focus on content that is relevant and useful to your customers to understand your business.
7. Use a precise, accurate address and/or service area to describe your business location. (where you offer your services or where you run your business from)
8. Use as few categories as possible to describe your overall core business from the provided list.
9. Choose categories that are as specific as possible, but representative of your main business. Do not use categories solely as keywords or to describe attributes of your business. Do not use categories that pertain to other businesses that are nearby or related, such as a business physically contained within your business or an entity that contains your business.
10. Company logo
11.Quality photos of your business products/artwork/services
12.Business hours: Provide your regular customer-facing hours of operation. If applicable, you may use your current seasonal hours as your regular hours. You may also specify special hours for particular days, like holidays or special events.
13.If you have multiple types of business-sub-brands, multiple departments, or various types of operations - these distinct entities may also have a distinct name so long as it is consistently applied to all locations of that business.
Version 1.2 - Effective date: January 01,2021.